At long last, opening night for my first solo exhibition is here!!! Eeeeee!!!!!! Planning a gallery show is definitely time-consuming, but oh so worth it. I’ve been wanting to do another one ever since Jeope and I’s Outlet show in February, 2011 (it’s creatively addictive). So in early January, I booked the space at PrairieView Gallery and in mid-April, I started to seriously plan. My first step was to shortlist the photos, then decide on a theme (The Spaces Within), then plan how to best use the space, then develop promo materials, then send the photos to print, then design all of the support pieces and finally, do the installation. Now there is less than 12 hours until the doors open at 7 pm!
Things you need to know:
1) Read about the show, download the promo card and view the price brochure here.
2) If you feel the urge to tweet about my show, the hashtag is #thespaceswithin
3) The opening reception is tonight (June 1) from 7-10 pm.
4) The Spaces Within gallery show is on from June 1-8 (Hours: Sunday, 10 am – 3 pm, Monday-Thursday, 10 am – 5 pm, 6 – 8 pm and Friday, 10 am – 4 pm).
5) PrairieView gallery is housed in The PrairieView School of Photography. The address is 200-464 Hargrave Street and your looking for a grey door to the right of The LabWorks entrance.
6. I can’t wait to share my work with you! I’m so excited to hear your impressions of the show.
I’ve got so many thank you’s to make, but in particular, I want to thank Chris Insull at Photo Central for printing the images for this show. I’m so happy with how they turned out. I also want to thank my husband Rob and my sister Elaine for being so supportive. More than anyone else, they’ve listened to me babble about my show for months on end, have been there to give me second (and third) opinions and last but not least, helped me hang the show on Wednesday night. Love you both, and thank you thank you thank you!